2. USE OF CONTENT All information, materials, functions and other content (including Submissions, as defined in Section 4 below) (“Content”) contained on any Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are proprietary to us and/or our licensors or licensees. We may change the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site or delete Content or features at any time, in any way, for any or no reason. Except as we specifically agree in writing, no Content from any Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site may be used, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise exploited in any way other than as part of the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site, except that where a Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site is configured to enable the download of particular Content, you may download one copy of such Content to a single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that you (a) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (b) make no modifications to the Content, and (c) do not use the Content in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands. Any business use, “re-mailing” or high-volume or automated use of any Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site is prohibited.
Any and all rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
3. NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE As a condition of your use of the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site, you warrant to us that you will not use the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Sites.
5. USE OF PUBLIC COMMUNICATION SERVICES ON A LOTUS SEATTLE WEB SITE The Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”). By using the Communication Services, you agree that you will use the Communication Services only to Distribute Submissions that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Distribute any Submission that is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful.
- Distribute files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. § Distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Distribute any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services or the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service or the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
You are and shall remain solely responsible for the Submissions you distribute on or through any Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site using the Communication Services, and for the consequences of distributing same. We have no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, we reserve the right to review Submissions Distributed using a Communication Service and to remove any and all Submissions in our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever. You acknowledge that the Communication Services and features offered therein are for public and not private communications, and you have no expectation of privacy with regard to any Submission to a such public forum. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose through any of these media; you make such disclosures at your own risk. Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. We do not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, we specifically disclaim any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized Lotus Seattle Corp spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect our views. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any Submission, information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion.
6. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES The Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site may contain links to other Web Sites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site or any association with its operators.
7. DISCLAIMER THE CONTENT ON OR OTHERWISE RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE LOTUS SEATTLE CORP WEB SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR SERVICES LINKED TO FROM THE LOTUS SEATTLE CORP WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, COMPATIBILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY CONTENT WILL BE FREE OF INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, THAT ACCESS THERETO WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE LOTUS SEATTLE CORP WEB SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH CONTENT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MOREOVER, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST US WITH RESPECT TO CONTENT AND ANY CONTENT YOU PROVIDE TO THIRD PARTY SITES (INCLUDING CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION).
Advice received via the Lotus Seattle Corp Web Site should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.