For Immediate Release: Residential fire on Bond Rd
(Poulsbo, Kitsap County) A Poulsbo man is grateful his home did not suffer structural damage when he arrived home to discover a fire in his kitchen. Poulsbo Fire Department and North Kitsap Fire and Rescue responded to the call at 12:22 on Bond Road near the Big Valley interchange. Smoke could be seen coming from the residence when firefighters arrived. Firefighters used a heat sensing device to locate the source and assure the home was safe for the occupant. The fire appeared to have started in the kitchen area, near the refrigerator. The cause and total damage estimates are unavailable at this time, but there is significant smoke damage and some fire damage to the kitchen area. The Kitsap County Fire Marshal is investigating the incident.