According to almost every meteorologist, it's going to be wet and windy this weekend, but there are plenty of new restaurants (and sweet shops) to keep you warm. And the best news? There's just one major restaurant closure to report.
Here's what's open and what's shut in and around Seattle this weekend.
- Juicebox: Capitol Hill's newest juice bar has been highly anticipated -- partially because the opening date seems to keep getting bumped. But healthy eaters on the Hill can finally get happy; Juicebox's Facebook page confirms that they're softly opening today and should be in full swing for the weekend.
- Parfait: It used to be that if you wanted delicious ice cream from Parfait, you had to track down the food truck -- but no more! Look for this brick-and-mortal palace of tasty treats in Ballard next to the new Skillet...and expect plenty of families fresh from the farmers market there getting a sweet scoop this first weekend.
- Grog: Ballard's also got a new watering hole. Grog, which was originally just going to be the back bar behind the Ballard Oyster House but is apparently going to be so much more, finally opens tonight. Early photos of this seaworthy bar show a ship-shape space and a very tempting menu of pub grub.
- Ascona Chocolat Suisse: First Hill residents know Hans Riechsteiner, the tall, strapping older Swiss gentleman behind Arosa (and its notoriously yummy "snack waffles"), and now, Madison Valley residents can get to know him, too. Riechsteiner's latest endeavor, a Swiss chocolate shop in deep Madison, is open for business. Ascona is small, but packed to the gills with delicious imported truffles. Got holiday parties coming up? This is your new spot.
- Dulces Bistro & Wine: Speaking of Madison Valley, their loss is Capitol Hill's gain, as Dulces re-opens on 19th and Madison. This is the restaurant's third location, and devoted eaters have shown that they'll follow it wherever it lands.
- Panos Kleftiko: Largely regarded as one of the finest Greek restaurants in town, the loss of this Lower Queen Anne establishment is a big one. But, says the owner on the tavern/restaurant's Facebook page, he and his wife are "looking for new horizons." Sad.
- The Hollywood Tavern is definitely open in Woodinville, as is Alstadt in Pioneer Square (finally!).
For more newly-opened spots, check out last week's roundup.